Posted by Anonymous on Friday, January 21, 2011 at 7:04am.
1) in song of myself, whitman's theme is best demonstrated by a.the "last scud of day holds back for me" b.the "spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me c. "look for me under you boot-soles" d. "coaxes me to the vapor an the dusk"
2)The tone in the song of myself number 52 is best described as
3) Which images best appeals to the sense of hearing or sound? a. "the spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me he complains of my gab and my loitering".
b. "I too am not a bit tamed i too am untranslatable".
c. "the last scud of day holds back for me.."
d. "i depart as air, i shake my white locks at the runaway sun..."
4) In, song of myself number 52 Whitman a.suggests that poetry will save the world b. explains that all poets deserve equal respect c. proclaims his own importance as a poet
d. disscuses the difference between poetry and prose
5) At the end of the poem, the speaker a.proclaims his love to democracy b. encourages us to read more of his poems c. reaffirms his link to the reader d. makes ironic comments about his own work
6) A common theme in the whitman poems you have read is that a. the natural world is becoming corrupt b. people should delight in their thoughts and spirit c. once people have died they are soon forgotten d. the people of the world struggle without hope
7) number 10 and number 33 of song of myself are united by the a. strong sense of rhyme b. repeated phrases c. use of alliteration d. common themes
1)c 2)a 3)b 4)c 5)c 6)b 7)d
literature ... i really need corrections - Writeacher, Friday, January 21, 2011 at 8:52am
Dan -- sorry, but I haven't read this work. Perhaps another tutor has.
literature ... i really need corrections - Dan, Friday, January 21, 2011 at 10:17am
literature ... i really need corrections - bonnierta, Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 4:54am
please.. help .... if anyone has read this kind of work ... please tell if these answers r right....
literature ... i really need corrections - teeanna, Thursday, June 26, 2014 at 10:25pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english.. can u tell me if my answers are right - 1)c 2)c 3)c 4)c .. k this ...
- english - 1) The tone in the song of myself number 52 is best described as a. ...
- english .. please rely ASAP thx - 1) The tone in the song of myself number 52 is...
- English help - Question 1 Marks: 1 A common theme that runs through all the ...
- Song of Myself+English - Has anyone read Song of Myself by Walt Whitman?? I can'...
- english need help asap - * 3. Which phrase from Song of Myself, Number 52 is a ...
- English - What can you infer about the poet’s attitude about humanity from these...
- literature ... - 1) In song of myself number 33 whitman a. refuses ti help the ...
- english need help asap - 7. In Song of Myself, number 33, Whitman personifies ...
- Reading - 1. Walt Whitman’s excerpt from Song of Myself can be considered an ...