literature ... i really need corrections
posted by Anonymous on .
1) in song of myself, whitman's theme is best demonstrated by a.the "last scud of day holds back for me" b.the "spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me c. "look for me under you boot-soles" d. "coaxes me to the vapor an the dusk"
2)The tone in the song of myself number 52 is best described as
3) Which images best appeals to the sense of hearing or sound? a. "the spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me he complains of my gab and my loitering".
b. "I too am not a bit tamed i too am untranslatable".
c. "the last scud of day holds back for me.."
d. "i depart as air, i shake my white locks at the runaway sun..."
4) In, song of myself number 52 Whitman a.suggests that poetry will save the world b. explains that all poets deserve equal respect c. proclaims his own importance as a poet
d. disscuses the difference between poetry and prose
5) At the end of the poem, the speaker a.proclaims his love to democracy b. encourages us to read more of his poems c. reaffirms his link to the reader d. makes ironic comments about his own work
6) A common theme in the whitman poems you have read is that a. the natural world is becoming corrupt b. people should delight in their thoughts and spirit c. once people have died they are soon forgotten d. the people of the world struggle without hope
7) number 10 and number 33 of song of myself are united by the a. strong sense of rhyme b. repeated phrases c. use of alliteration d. common themes
1)c 2)a 3)b 4)c 5)c 6)b 7)d
Dan -- sorry, but I haven't read this work. Perhaps another tutor has.
please.. help .... if anyone has read this kind of work ... please tell if these answers r right....