literature.. poetry.. plz give me corrections ASAP
posted by bonnierta on .
1) Walt Whitman's writing style can be best described as a. bold and confident b. folsky and charming c. elegant and refined d. elevated and sublime
2)unlike whitman, emily dickinson was a. a world traveler b. private and shy c. people-oriented d. involved in social causes
3) an important similarity shared by whitman and dickinson is their a.fondness for big-city living b. oscurity during their lifetime c. rejection by the literary community d. abandonment of literary conventions
4) Whitman's feeling about his own poems are best revealed by a.instructions to have them destroyed b. refusal to publish hem until after his death c.decision to self-publish at his own expense d. pursuit of other occupations he considered more worthwhile
5) Dickinson's poetry is noted for its a. historical value b. errors in word usage c. precise language d. epic sweep
6) Dickinson did not achieve fame during her lifetime largely because a. she disagreed with the way her work was edited b. her poetry was published only after her death c. her poetry was banned d. she believed poetry was not meant to be published
7) which of the following statements best describes the influence of dickinson and whitman on later poets? a.later poets felt inferior and stopped writing b. after dickinson and whitman's time, poets were treared with great respect c. the poetry of dickinson and whitman moved people to social action d. later poets were more open to experimentation
8)whitman's style and technique are besed on cedence, which can be defined as the a. regular rhyme and rhythms used in ballads and epic poems b. rhythm and long sweeps of sound used by great speakers c. use of exact rhymes, as in Romantic poetry d. use of iambic pentameter, in the manner of William Shakespeare
i already solved these questions, but i am not sure of the answers so can you please tell if my answers are right
I'm not sure about #4.
And in #8, what is the 8th word?
All others seem correct.
oh sorry it's cadence not cedence ... thank you
Let me know what you think about #8.
ohhh!! mmmm is it b?
no no .. i think its a ryt??
so is #8 (a) or (b)?
#8 is a.
merci <3 :D
i do have one more question...
Whitman's use of cadence forms the basis of his a. rhymes b.essays c.sonnets d.free verse
is the correst answer (d)?