Posted by Miley on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 8:27pm.
Compound words are two words that have been joined together to create a new word. The new word is related to both the smaller words.
a) back/fore/under +_______
b) bank/cook/text + _______
c) blue/goose/straw + ______
d) day/flash/high + _________
e) high/sub/drive + __________
PLEASE HELP ME
- Language - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 8:37pm
a) background, foreground, underground
b) bankbook, cookbook, textbook
What do you think the other words are?
- Language - Miley, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 8:45pm
I am not sure but i thing straw+berry
Word drive is that drive+down? Could you please check it?
- Language - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 8:49pm
Your first two are correct -- blueberry, gooseberry, strawberry
daylight, flashlight, highlight
For the last one, what do we call the road on which you can travel fast or travel up to your garage?
- Language - Miley, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 8:58pm
I thing driveway
- Language - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 9:00pm
highway, subway, driveway
- Language - Miley, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 9:19pm
- Language - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 9:22pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- DeskToping - If you accidentlly delete a word or group of words you can get it ...
- english - I am looking for a word, that when added to each word in this group of...
- 8th grade - EACH STATEMENT DESCRIBES TWO WORDS THAT WHEN FUSED TOGETHER CREATE A...
- 2nd grade - What 2 words make this compound word? The word is cowgirl. Also name...
- URGENT LANGUAGE ARTS URGENT~! - Which answer explains why there isnít a hyphen ...
- french - please can you help me find the translations on the agenda = 2 words ...
- Spelling - Hello, my daughter has to alphabetize a list of words that also ...
- English - need some advice! My learners will work on a text next week.In the ...
- Statistics - In a large collection of real SMS text messages from particular ...
- English - 1.the subject of the sentence is first person, then the verb must be ...