Posted by Frances on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 4:53pm.
The Acme Machinery Company is a closed shop. This means that:
A.union members are not employed.
B.only union members are employed.
C. both union and nonunion members are employed
D. the company boycotts union-made products.
economics - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 4:55pm
I answered your last question. Now it's your turn. I'll be happy to check your answer.
economics - Frances, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 4:59pm
i;m not sure if it's d or c
economics - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 5:03pm
Nope. Check your book. Or lookup "closed shop" on line.
economics - Frances, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 5:10pm
the answer is b becauseA closed shop is a form of union security agreement under which the employer agrees to only hire union members
economics - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 5:18pm
Right. The answer is B. A closed-shop business only hires union members.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12 math - benetley chalk brush manufacturer company has 900 empolyess: are ...
- Economics - Suppose that the objective of a union is to maximize the total dues ...
- Social Studies - How did Carnegie's company break the union at the Homestead ...
- Stats - The workers union at a certain university is quite strong. About 94% of ...
- Gov't - I need to see if I got the right answer. Thanks. Which of the following ...
- math - there are twice as many woman as men in the union at global products ...
- math ** - there are twice as many women as men in the union at global products ...
- statistics - company A has 110 employed, company B has 750 employed and company ...
- Econ- labor union members - I am studying labor unions in my Econ class and ...
- *Math* - 139 of CanTexh Supply's employees belong to a union; the remaining 248 ...