Posted by nikki on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 3:17pm.
Which of the following sums is larger and by how much? (n=1)
Y1 = 7 over Σ 15/4(pi/10)^n
Y2= 11 over Σ 17/4(4/13)^n
MATH - Reiny, Monday, January 24, 2011 at 10:38am
did you mean
Σ ((15/4) (π/10)^n , where n goes from 1 to 7 ?
of so, then you would have
(15/4) [ π/10 + π^2/100 + ... + π^7/10^7)
the [..] is a geometric series where a=π/10 and r = π/10 for 7 terms
the value of the [..]
= (π/10)((π/10)^7 - 1)/(π/10 - 1) = appr. .4579
Σ ((15/4) (π/10)^n , where n goes from 1 to 7
= (15/4)(.4579) = 1.717
evaluate the second part the same way, and compare sums
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The scores of 10 students on their midterm exam (x) and on their final (y...
- Algebra - I'm trying ti find the correlation coefficient for the following: The ...
- Geomtric Series - I need to find the equations of the following, using Σ (...
- math i need help please - determine sums of following geometric sequences... A...
- statistics - Scores: 5,2,4,2 ΣX-2 Σ(X-2) Σ(X-2)^2 can you show me...
- Chemistry - Why do we have these two equations: ΔH° = ΣD (bond broken...
- Math - 150 students sat exams. The following elements were calculated ΣFX...
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE! - DETERMINE THE SUM OF THE FOLLOWING GEOMETRIC SERIES ...
- MATH - determine the sum of: 50 over Σ 8(.5)^n-2 n=1
- Statistics - Correlation Coefficient/Regression - 'm having some difficulty with...