Posted by jayjay on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 3:03pm.
the sum of two fractions is 7/12. therre difference is 1/12. they have the same denominators. what are the two fractions?
fractions - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 3:22pm
What answer did you get?
fractions - mary, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 3:31pm
1/3 and 1/4
1/3 is 4/12 and 1/4 is 3/12 they have the same denominator and their difference
is 1/12. The hint is that when you subtract the denominators must be the same.
fractions - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 4:23pm
mary -- we try not to give answers on the Jiskha homework board. If jayjay had answered, I would have helped him find the right answer.
fractions - Queen, Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 4:53pm
If you are doing a line in go math lesson 6.3 your answer for 1/8 +1/4 your estimate will be 0
fractions - develin, Monday, February 22, 2016 at 8:55am
one fourth of 24 counters is
fractions - Anonymous, Monday, March 7, 2016 at 8:37pm
Fractions - Linda, Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 9:48am
The correct answer is 4/12 and 3/12.
This is because 4+3=7 and 4-3=1 So here,
4/12 + 3/12= 7/12
4/12 - 3/12= 1/12
Therefore, you have to find the answer by adding these different numbers and gets the number also by subtracting but same.
(Now do you understand)?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The sum of two fractions is 1 1/2. Their difference is 5/12. What are the...
- Math - Shelly and Marcom are selling popcorn for their music club. Each of them ...
- Math - Two fractions with different denominators have a sum of 11/12 what are ...
- math - find two fractions with a sum that is greater than 1.6 but less than 1.9...
- Math - Everett is reading a book for his language arts class. He read 1/3 of the...
- Math - The sum of two fractions is 1. If one of them is 3/8 greater than the ...
- math fractions - ADAM WANTS TO COMPARE THE FRACTIONS 3/12,1/6,AND1/3.HE WANTS TO...
- Math - There are two fractions that are given. The two fractions are 3/12 and 7/...
- math - what do you write when you have to describe a way to compare two ...
- Math Fractions - What is the first step to adding multiple fractions (3) with ...