Posted by stan on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:00pm.
The magnitude of the velocity of a particle
which starts from rest 2 ft below the origin when
t = 0 and moves along a vertical axis is directly
proportional to the time after starting. The
displacement of the particle during the time
interval from t = 1 sec to t = 2 sec is 3 ft upward.
When t = 3 sec, determine (a) the location of the
particle; (b) the acceleration of the particle.
physics help - EssKay, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:15pm
Hey Stan, is that a direct copy/paste? Ie that's all your were given word for word? Hoi.. I think my Physics is rusty.
physics help - stan, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:16pm
yeah that is word for word
physics help - EssKay, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:26pm
Hey again Stan, hmm, okay, I'll keep playing with it, I still say we're missing info though... but re-post in the meantime, so other tutors don't think I've answered.
physics help - drwls, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:43pm
Acceleration is constant. Initial velocity is zero. You know that from the first sentence.
Vertical location is
Y = -2 + (a/2)t^2
Y(t=2) - Y(t=1) = 3 ft.
(a/2) (2^2 - 1^2)) = (3/2)a = 3
a = 2 ft/s^2
Y(t=3) = -2 + (2/2)*3^2 = 7 feet
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics help - The magnitude of the velocity of a particle which starts from ...
- Physics - A particle starts from the origin at t = 0 and moves along the ...
- Physics - In the figure, particle A moves along the line y = 26 m with a ...
- physics - In the figure, particle A moves along the line y = 29 m with a ...
- physics - A particle moves in the xy plane with constant acceleration. At time ...
- math - A particle moves along straight line such that its displacement S meters...
- Physics - Mass m1 = 0.5 kg moves with constant velocity v1i = 2.5 m/s along the ...
- Physics 221 - An object starts from rest at the origin and moves along the x ...
- Physics - particle A moves along the line y = 30m with a constant velocity of ...
- Calculus - The Question: A particle moves along the X-axis so that at time t >...