Posted by muna on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:17am.
1) The tone in the song of myself number 52 is best described as a. lighthearted
b. bombastic c. detached
2) Which images best appeals to the sense of hearing or sound? a. "the spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me he complains of my gab and my loitering".
b. "I too am not a bit tamed i too am untranslatable".
c. "the last scud of day holds back for me.."
d. "i depart as air, i shake my white locks at the runaway sun..."
3) In, song of myself number 52 Whitman a.suggests that poetry will save the world b. explains that all poets deserve equal respect c. proclaims his own importance as a poet
d. disscuses the difference between poetry and prose
4) At the end of the poem, the speaker a.proclaims his love to democracy b. encourages us to read more of his poems c. reaffirms his link to the reader d. makes ironic comments about his own work
5) A common theme in the whitman poems you have read is that a. the natural world is becomin corrupt b. people should delight in their thoughts and spirit c. once people have died they are soon forgotten d. the people of the world struggle without hope
6) In song of myself number 33 whitman a. refuses ti help the skipper b. is repulsed by the suffering he describes c. take on the suffering of the victims d. ponders matters of life and death
7) Whe the speaker in song of myself, number 33, writes that agonies are "change of garents", he means that a. he want to sufer so that happiness will be more meanigfull b. he cannot decide on his role in life c. he identifies deeply with others and takes on their emotions d. agony is a superficial emotion
8) number 10 and number 33 of song of myself are united by the a. strong sense of rhyme b. repeated phrases c. use of alliteration d. common themes
- english .. please rely ASAP thx - SraJMcGin, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:27am
Here are some sites to try. We HELP but do not DO the work for you. Feel free to post anything else that you can not find.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:27am
Ooops! You forgot to tell us what YOU THINK the answers are.
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
- english .. please rely ASAP thx - muna, Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:33am
i really tried so hard to anwer them i think the answers are
2) i really couldn't even exclude some answers .. it's so confusing
i hope u help me ... even with a little explanation .. thank you
Answer this Question
english - 1) The tone in the song of myself number 52 is best described as a. ...
literature ... i really need corrections - 1) in song of myself, whitman's theme...
english need help asap - * 3. Which phrase from Song of Myself, Number 52 is a ...
english.. can u tell me if my answers are right - 1)c 2)c 3)c 4)c .. k this ...
English help - Question 1 Marks: 1 A common theme that runs through all the ...
Music-PLEASE ANSWER! - I need a variety of tutors opinions and choices of what ...
Song of Myself+English - Has anyone read Song of Myself by Walt Whitman?? I can'...
English - Read the following line from: "Poor chap, he always loved larking And ...
English - Posted by rfvv on Friday, August 29, 2014 at 11:25pm. At the End of a ...
English (The Diary of Anne Frank) - I loved this book but my homework askes me a...