Posted by Jacob on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:55pm.
Where can I find examples of the sentence pattern Pronoun-verb-article-noun, conjunction-pronoun-verb-adverb on the internet?
I need 5 examples.
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:58pm
I doubt if you'll find that exact pattern on the internet.
Do you understand the meanings of these words?
We'll be glad to help you if you post your sentence using this pattern.
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:59pm
I doubt you'll find anything like that. It looks as if you'll need to write your own.
English - Jacob, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:00pm
The example we were given was - He was a fine doctor, but he was growing old. My assignment was to find 5 sentences that use this pattern.
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:11pm
Then you should start doing a lot of reading. Start here:
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:12pm
As Writeacher said, you'll need to write your own.
English - Jacob, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:21pm
Thanks for your help.
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 9:41pm
IMO -- your example sentence doesn't follow the pattern.
The last word, "old," is an adjective, not an adverb. In this sentence, "was growing" is a linking verb. It's followed by the predicate adjective, "old," which describes "he."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English part of speech Help - The part of speech is in all caps: 1. "Way too ...
- English Poetry - Define parts of Speech for Jabberwocky I'm on stanza 2 Please ...
- english - 1. The young student (noun), who was new to (preposition) the school...
- Grammar-Writeacher - My last set of Questions: Match the part of speech for each...
- English - PLEASE HELP ME! I have been trying all day! I need a sentence for ...
- Grammar-Writeacher - Match the part of speech: a. noun b. pronoun c. antecedent...
- Grammar - For each word, label the parts of speech. We have to leave immediately...
- GRAMMAR101 - I NEED TO CREAYE A SENTENCE USING NOUN, PRONOUN, VERB, ADVERB,...
- grammar - was brought = conjunction and = conjunction anesthesia = noun upper = ...
- English - I need a sentence with a Helping verb, pronoun,verb,pronoun,...