Posted by Sydney on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:23pm.
A cylinder has surface area of 402 cm2. The height is three times greater than the radius.
What is the height of the cylinder?
Cylinder Height - helper, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:40pm
r = radius
3r = height (h)
SA = 2(pi)(r)(h) + 2(pi)(r^2)
SA = 2(pi)(r)(3r) + 2(pi)(r^2)
SA = 6(pi)(r^2) + 2(pi)(r^2)
SA = 8(pi)r^2
402 = 8(pi)r^2
402 = 8(3.14)r^2
402 = 25.12r^2
16.00318 = r^2
rounding 16.00318 = 16
16 = r^2
r = 4
height = 3r = 3(4) = 12
Cylinder Height - Sydney, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:44pm
math - Anonymous, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 9:39pm
a bowling ball measures 264cm in circumference. What is the volume of the smallest cube that will hold this ball?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Cylinder A has radius r and height h. Cylinder B has radius 2r and height...
- Geometry - Two cylinders have the same volume. If the radius of cylinder I is 3 ...
- Geometry - The surface area of the sides of a right cylinder can be found by ...
- calc - When the height of a cylinder is 12 cm and the radius is 4 cm, the ...
- Algebra 1 - The radius of a cylinder is 3x-2cm. The height of the cylinder is x+...
- Remington - The radius of the base of a cylinder is 4.00 in. The height of the ...
- Mat 116/algebra - A cylinder has a radius of 5 in. If the volume of the cylinder...
- Math - A cylinder has a surface area of 250cm2 . The height is twice as big as ...
- Math 10 - A cylinder has a surface area of 250cm2. The height is twice as big as...
- pre algebra - A cylinder has a circumference of 16pi inches and its height is ...