Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 6:15pm.
What's the slope-intercept equation of line which is parallel to y = 2/5x-3 and passes through point (0,5)
A. y = -5/2x - 3
B. y = -5/2x + 5
C. y = 2/5x + 3
D. y = 2/5x + 5
Its D, but how do u figure that out? please explain step by step.
- MATH-ALGEBRA - helper, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:08pm
y = 2/5x - 3
parallel lines have equal slopes
slope intercept form of an equation
y = mx + b
m = slope, b = y-intercept
parallel to y = 2/5x - 3,
and through P(0, 5)
m = 2/5
y intercept = 5
so, the equation would be
D. y = 2/5x + 5
- MATH-ALGEBRA - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 8:13pm
Thanks helper, i was confused on how they had gotten 5, but now i understand thanks to ur explanation:)
- MATH-ALGEBRA - Idk, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 4:24pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Math/Algebra do u know how to do slope intercept? - The following problems are ...
- math - I have a few question so I will number them off. Please answer them for ...
- Algebra2 - Write an equation for the line in point/slope form and slope/...
- Algebra - 1.Write an equation in slope- intercept form of the line that passes ...
- Algebra - I'm suppose to write an equation with the following information: Line ...
- Algebra - i am having problems understanding.... i don't know how to put it so i...
- algebra - Write an equation in slope-intercept form for each described line. 1....
- Algebra 1 ( bobpursley) - 1. Write an equation in slope-intercept form for the ...