Posted by im stuck on this one!! on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 10:55pm.
use substitution method
please step by step so that i could understand
- algebra 1 - MathMate, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 11:19pm
Substitution means we express one variable in terms of another, and substitute this expression into the second equation.
From (1), we have
subtract 2n from each side to get
Substitute m from (1a) into (2) to get:
-7n = -23 -5
-7n = -28
Substitute n from (2a) into (1a)
So m=-7, n=4
Substitute the values of m and n into equations (1) and (2) to verify that the solutions are correct:
- algebra 1 - im stuck on this one!!, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 11:25pm
THANKS!!!!!!! great explaining!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Solve by substitution method 3x+8y=17 2x+y=14 please show step by step...
- Substitution Method in Algebra - I'm having trouble with the last one too. Could...
- Math - In which step is the error? Step 1: Let x = 1 and y = 1. Step 2: By ...
- Algebra - How do I solve for the elimination method: 5x + 3y= -7 and 7x - 2y =13...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- Calculus - Integrate dx/(sqrt(x^2+16)). I have no idea how to start and which ...
- Math need by 9pm cst - Solve by substitution method. Show step by step process. ...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- algebra - In finding distance problems i understand the use of formula of d/rt ...
- Algebra 1 - How do you write the equation of a line if you have two points? ...