Posted by mika on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:21pm.
• Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a friend or family member about personal finance or credit cards. This interaction may be imagined or real.
• Use at least five different pronouns, adverbs, and adjectives in your sentences.
• Identify all pronouns used by italicizing them.
• Bold each adverb.
• Underline each adjective.
• Compare the event to one or more similar events. When comparing, use at least three comparatives and three superlatives.
My dad added me as an extra card holder on his credit cards. I was very excited that I could purchase products now and pay for them later. I didn’t realize how much money I was spending. He came over to my house recently, instantly I realized that he was frowning, and I knew by the envelope he held that it was bothering him. "Is everything on here yours," He asked pointing at our credit card statement in reference to how much money I had spent. I was embarrassed I couldn’t look up and look her in the eyes. He asked again I looked up, his eyes meet mine, and I couldn't think of anything to say. The debt was all mines, and I have to find a way to be responsible and pay everything off so he will trust me again. I used the money that I saved by not paying up front and paid the bill. Now I only use the credit card when needed. I pay cash if I have it and I analyze if I really need it before I use credit.
- com170 - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:22pm
Have you identified the comparatives and superlatives?
- com170 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:23pm
What are the adjectives?
What are the adverbs?
What is the similar experience?
What are the superlatives and comparatives?
- com170 - mika, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:32pm
i don't know that's why i need help i wrote it but i have trouble identifing all that
- com170 - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:38pm
j or mika or whoever,
You're still guessing.
And why are you posting the same paragraph in two posts under two names?
I did the first two sentences for you in your posts below. It's your turn to try your hand at the next two sentences -- without guessing.
- com170 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:43pm
Adjectives describe or modify nouns and pronouns. They tell which, what kind of or how many about the word they describe.
In your first sentence, "extra" is an adjective because it tells which about "credit card." In the second sentence, "excited" is an adjective telling what kind of about I.
Adverbs describe or modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs. They tell when, where, how, to what extent. In your second sentence, you have two adverbs. "Very" describes the adjective "excited," and tells how. "Later" is also an adverb, telling when about the verb "pay."
What other adjectives and adverbs can you find?
- com170 - mika, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 11:10pm
- com170 - mika, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 11:19pm
i double checked so it should be right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- writing - • Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a ...
- comm155 - help write: Write a paragraph, using several sentences, to describe a ...
- Composition and Communication 1 - Write several sentences describing a recent ...
- com 155 - • Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a ...
- com 170 - write several sentences describing a recent interaction with friend ...
- comm155 - help me write a paragraph, using several sentences, to describe a ...
- COM/155 - •Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a friend...
- writing - I need to write several sentences describing a interaction with a ...
- com 155 - Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a friend ...
- English/Grammar - Write several sentences describing a recent interaction with a...