Posted by TiffanyJ on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:07pm.
Find each product or Quotient. Express using exponents.
1. The quotient of a to the 8th power and a to the 8th power? a
2. The quotient of -x to the 5th power and -x? -x to the 4th power
3. (15/5)(n to the 9th power/ n)? 3n go the 10th power
Neutral water has a pH of 7. Each one-unit decrease i the pH means that the solution is 10 times more acidic. How much more acidic vinegar is than baking soda if vinegar has a ph of 3 and baking soda has a ph of 9? I think the answer is 10 to the 6th power but I don't know how to write out my work.
- Pre-Algebra - helper, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:15pm
if this is what you mean
1) a^8/a^8 = 1
2) -x^5/-x^4 = x
3) 15/5 * n^9/n = 3n^8
Also, use separate posts for 2 different questions/subjects
- Pre-Algebra - TiffanyJ, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:18pm
yes and sorry all the questions I asked are on the same homework paper
- Pre-Algebra - helper, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:26pm
vinegar - pH 3
baking soda - pH 9
9 - 3 = 6 units diff.
10 x 6 = 60x as acidic
10^6 = 1 million, so I can't see how that is right
10^1.77815 = 60
I am not a tutor, so you might want to repost this as a separate question
- Pre-Algebra - TiffanyJ, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:27pm
Okay thank you
- Pre-Algebra - helper, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 9:28pm
:) that's ok. also, you will have better response if posted separate.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Algebra - I am having trouble understanding how to answer this type of ...
- math - The question that have is to simplify and write the answer in ...
- pre-algebra - find the product: (4k to the 5th power)(-2k)to the 3rd power. 5th ...
- 8th grade Math - I'm actually in 7th grade, but I'm doing 8th grade pre-algebra...
- math - find the greatest common factor and simplify your answer. 4v to the 7th ...
- math - Here are my attempts. Let me know if they are correct please> :) ...
- Pre-Algebra - Find each product or quotient. express using exponents 4. Neutral ...
- PRE CALC - Which combination of limit properties is required to evaluate this ...
- math - simplify, 4v to the 7th power y to the 9th power and 16v to the 6th power...
- math - 4v to the 7th power y to the 9th power and 16v to the 6th power x to the ...