Posted by jessica on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 2:49pm.
Melting point experiment: how do i know the calibration curve?
we did an experiment where:
week one we did a graph with the melting points of different compounds.
week 2 we used the graph to correct the melting point of unknown # 1 and then unknown # 2
we mixed unknown 2 with other compounds to determine what it is.
now i have to state what the calibration curve is but the teacher did not explain. how do i do this?
we find one unknown and its melting point
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 3:01pm
Your post is not clear, at least not to me. Perhaps another tutor can figure it out.
- chemistry - jessica, Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 3:04pm
this is what i have so far..
A. unknown 1
melting point range (uncorr) 50.0-53.0
melting point range (corr) 50.2-53.2 (because of graph from part 1 of experiment)
melting point average 51.7
b unknown 2
melting point range (uncorr) 65.0-67.0
melting point range (corr) 65.6-67.6 (because of graph from part 1 of experiment)
melting point average 66.6
mix melting point range of unknown 2 with
compount mp range
unknown 2 is benshydrol
include your calibration curve with this report. after the calibration curve is returned to you, tape it in your lab notebook
how do I do this???
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - this is what my lab report looks like (minus the graph of the first ...
- Chemistry - A student who was isolating aspirin stopped the experiment after ...
- org. chem. - A student who was isolating aspirin stopped the experiment after ...
- chemistry - Say you have two substances, A and B. A has a melting point of 300 ...
- Chemistry - Student in O-Chem Lab conducts a melting point experiment with an ...
- ochem - You have a mixture composed of 90% benzoic acid and 10% naphthalene. ...
- CHEMISTRY - which of the following elements would have the highest melting point...
- organic chem/ melting pt lab - why does a soluble impurity reduce the melting ...
- chemistry - A student decided to extract aspirin from a tablet. After the ...
- chemistry - I did a lab about melting point. It is asking me for the purity of ...