Posted by pretty on Monday, January 17, 2011 at 7:49pm.
Meagan bought a book for $12.00, received an allowance of $15.00, paid back a loan of $7.00, bought lunch for $8.50, earned $8.00 raking leaves, and found $2.00. She now has $22.25. How much did she start with?
Help me please. Thank you!
Math grade7 - pretty, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:02pm
Miguel and Yoshi went rock climbing. Miguel climbed up 15m, back down 4 m, climbed 6 m, slid back 17 m, climbed up 22 m, rested and climbed 14 m more. Yoshi climbed 12 m, slid back 4 m, rested, climbed up 33 m and slid back 7 m. They are now together at the 40 m mark. At what level did each start climbing?
Math grade7 - Lorraine, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:03pm
Math grade7 - Lorraine, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:06pm
for math - pretty, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:08pm
Thank you so much! I liked this site!
Math grade7 - helper, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:14pm
ADD up purchases and earnings
-12.00 + 15.00 - 7.00 - 8.50 + 8.00 + 2.00
= - 2.50
x = money she started with
x + -2.50 = 22.25
x = 22.25 + 2.50
x = 24.75
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Megan bought a book for $12.00, received an allowance of $15.00, paid ...
- Math (HELP PLEASE) - 1) An elevator goes down 7 floors, up 3 floors, up 6 floors...
- math - rudy went to the mall to spend some of his money he earned. he spent 1/3 ...
- Math Help - Hunter gave his sister $3. He earned $12, then he paid $6 for lunch...
- math - Kyle and Andrew decide to make some money by raking leaves in their ...
- Math - Mary bought a scarf for five dollar spent one and a half of her ...
- math - Mickey bought 3 books from the bargain bin at his school's book fair and...
- Accounting - Three years back, Mr. Az bought a property from Mr. Za for $100,000...
- Math - Mary bought a scarf for five dollar spent Half of the remaining money on...
- math - Stan bought several clothing items at macys. He bought a jacket for $30....