Posted by kevin on Monday, January 17, 2011 at 2:42pm.
ms. buxx invested a total of $2000 in two savings accounts. The first account pays 3% interest per year and the second account pays 5% interest per yera. If the interest from both accounts totals $84 per yera, how much is invested in each account?
- mat h - helper, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 2:51pm
x = amt at 3%
y = amt at 5%
x + y = 2000
.03x + .05y = 84
solve simultaneously for x, y
give it a try, post if you need for help
x = 800, y = 1200 if you are right
- math - Anonymous, Monday, November 7, 2011 at 8:38pm
the answer is the first account has 800 and the second account has 1200
- mat h - Ciara, Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 6:39pm
I need the steps to this equation
- mat h - math magician , Monday, January 14, 2013 at 6:58pm
.03x+ -.05x +100=84
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - Ms. Buxx invested a total of $2000 in two saving accounts. The first...
- collage math - A total of $13,000 is invested in two accounts. One of the two ...
- Math - Travis has a total of $6,000 invested in two accounts. The total amount ...
- math - Suppose $500 is divided into two bank accounts. One account pays 15% ...
- Algebra - Suppose $6,500 is divided into two bank accounts. One account pays 10...
- Washington high - A man invest $12000 in two accounts.If one account pays 10% ...
- pre-algebra - You split $1500 between two savings accounts. Account A pays ...
- math - Mr. Wilson invested money in two accounts. His total investment was $40,...
- Math - A woman has money in two accounts. One account pays 7% annual interest, ...
- pre algebra - At the beginning of the year 2000, Bob put $100 in a savings ...