Posted by Mohamed shiko on Monday, January 17, 2011 at 1:31pm.
what is the solution sets of the following
- math - Reiny, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 1:43pm
Are these equations equal to zero?
If so, then I noticed that each one factors quite easily.
I will do the last one
3m^2 + 5m - 2 =0
(3m - 1)(m + 2) = 0
3m-1 = 0 or m+2 = 0
m = 1/3 or m = -2
do the others the same way.
You can check your answers by subbing them back in.
e.g. if m = -2
LS = 3(4) + 5(-2) - 2
= 12 - 10 - 2
so my answer of m=-2 is correct
- math - helper, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 1:47pm
you are missing the exponents
if (a) should be 2x^2 - 7x - 5
a) 2x^2 - 7x - 5
does not factor, solve by using the quadratic formula or completing the square
if you are stuck, post your work and someone will help
tutors do not do your homework
- Algebra 2 - Emily, Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:54pm
Complete the square to solve -x^2-7x+6=-2x^2
Answer this Question
- math - what is the solution sets of the following a) 2x^2-7x-5 b) 5y^2-16y+3 c) ...
- MATH - 5x-4y= -3 2x + 7y= 5 How to solve this linear system shown above by using...
- Math - Which equation describes a hyperbola? A. 2x^2 + 2x + 2y^2 - 6y - 11 = 0 B...
- Math - Find the equation of the tangent line 5x^2+y^2=14 at (1,3). P.S: It's ...
- Algebra 2 - "My husband's age," remarked a lady the other day, "is represented ...
- math 012 - will someone please double check my answer to this problem. the ...
- math - 1. Gina wrote this system of linear equations: 2x + y = 7 4x + 5y = 11 ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Determine whether the point (1, 8) is a solution of the ...
- algebra2 - graph each system of equations and describe it as consistent and ...
- algebra - Gina wrote this system of linear equations: 2x + y = 7 4x + 5y = 11 ...