Posted by Mohamed shiko on Monday, January 17, 2011 at 1:31pm.
what is the solution sets of the following
math - Reiny, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 1:43pm
Are these equations equal to zero?
If so, then I noticed that each one factors quite easily.
I will do the last one
3m^2 + 5m - 2 =0
(3m - 1)(m + 2) = 0
3m-1 = 0 or m+2 = 0
m = 1/3 or m = -2
do the others the same way.
You can check your answers by subbing them back in.
e.g. if m = -2
LS = 3(4) + 5(-2) - 2
= 12 - 10 - 2
so my answer of m=-2 is correct
math - helper, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 1:47pm
you are missing the exponents
if (a) should be 2x^2 - 7x - 5
a) 2x^2 - 7x - 5
does not factor, solve by using the quadratic formula or completing the square
if you are stuck, post your work and someone will help
tutors do not do your homework
Algebra 2 - Emily, Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:54pm
Complete the square to solve -x^2-7x+6=-2x^2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - what is the solution sets of the following a) 2x^2-7x-5 b) 5y^2-16y+3 c) ...
- MATH - 5x-4y= -3 2x + 7y= 5 How to solve this linear system shown above by using...
- Math - Which equation describes a hyperbola? A. 2x^2 + 2x + 2y^2 - 6y - 11 = 0 B...
- Math - Find the equation of the tangent line 5x^2+y^2=14 at (1,3). P.S: It's ...
- Algebra 2 - "My husband's age," remarked a lady the other day, "is represented ...
- math 012 - will someone please double check my answer to this problem. the ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Determine whether the point (1, 8) is a solution of the ...
- math - 1. Gina wrote this system of linear equations: 2x + y = 7 4x + 5y = 11 ...
- algebra2 - graph each system of equations and describe it as consistent and ...
- algebra - Gina wrote this system of linear equations: 2x + y = 7 4x + 5y = 11 ...