Posted by Andraline on Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 10:58pm.
2x+3y = 7
4x-3y = -19
x = -2
this is elimination method. i have few questions, when do we know wen to add or subtract? multiply? how? i don't know nothing.
- MATH!!!!!HELP - bobpursley, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 11:11pm
The idea is to eliminate a variable. YOu add or subtract to do that.
x+y=6 on that add, the y will be elimated.
on this, subtract because the signs are the same, they do not add to zero.
then you get -3x=-1..
if you want to eliminate the y, then multiply the second equation by 3, then subtract. If you want to eliminate the x, then multiply the top equation by 3, and the second equation by 2, then..subtract, and x will go away.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math, Please Help! - Ned divided a given number by 3 and then added 2. If he ...
- need guidance on an algebra problem - 20 x+3(y-1)=11 2(x-y)+8y = 28 multiply ...
- Algebra - Which of the following describes a correct method for solving the ...
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- Algebra - How do I solve for elimination method on this problem: 0.3x - 0.2y=4 ...
- Math - Can you check these questions for me? 1. Add: (3x^4-x+2)+(9x^5-x^2+x) 9x^...
- 3rd math - The commutative, or order, property applies to which operations? A. ...
- math elimination method - elimination method really confuses me. solve by ...
- Math - If you multiply a number by 3 and then add 40, the result is the same as ...
- math - Name: Barbara Dillon Date: July 18 2010 1. Divide 90÷18 =5 Answer is 5 2...