Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 5:38pm.
suppose your instuctor has asked you to do a study of homessness
- sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 5:44pm
OK. How do you plan to undertake a study of homelessness?
- sociology - Anonymous, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 5:51pm
- sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 5:54pm
Observations is a start and a way to get personally involved. These observations can be in the form of volunteering at a meal site and a homeless shelter.
You'd also need to read studies analyzing homeless people. How many are drug addicts or mentally challenged? How many lost their homes because of being laid off? What are other reasons that people are homeless?
- sociology - Anonymous, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 6:00pm
How can a sociologist genuinely maintain value neutrality while studying a group that he or she finds repugnant
- sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 6:05pm
A good sociolgist understands the underlying causes and characteristics of a group. Knowledge and empathy will dissipate the repugnance.
- sociology - Anonymous, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 6:15pm
new technolgies have benefited sociological research by facilitating statistical analysis and encouraging communication among scholars. can you think of any potential draw backs these new technologies might have for sociological investigation?
- sociology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 6:34pm
It might take the human element out of the investigation.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social science - suppose your sociology instructor has asked you to do a study ...
- Sociology - Which of the following was a topic of study in early sociology? a. ...
- sociology - You have been asked to address the importance of social institutions...
- Sociology - One of the primary differences between the study of Society done by ...
- sociology - how does Emile Durkhein efind sociology? Explain the tenets of his ...
- Statistics - A class survey in a large class for first-year college students ...
- univen - why teachers should study sociology of education
- Science - I need to know what type(s) of research method this study used. In ...
- math 12 - From 85 Records at D.S. Collegiate, the following data was collected: ...
- Maths - When Professor Sum was asked by Mr. Little how many students in his ...