Posted by Jessie on Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 2:17pm.
Cassandra is repaying an installment loan of 3,500 with 20 equal payments of 196.00 each.What is the annual percentage rate of the loan?
math - Reiny, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 3:43pm
The question is not worded very clearly.
Are the payments made monthly?
Is this a simple interest or compound interest problem?
None of the rates given as choices verify when considering compound interest
so assuming this is simple interest,
interest = 20(196) - 3500 = 420
rate = 420/((3500)(1))= .12 or 12%
math - Jessie, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 4:53pm
Thank you,I put the question down just like it is in my book,I was confused also.I did come up with 12%,so hopefully it is right.Thanks again!
math - helper, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 4:56pm
I = PRT
R = I/PT
I = 20(196) - 3500
I = 3920 - 3500
I = 420
T = 20 mo/12
T = 1.667 yr
R = I/PT
R = 420/(3500 * 1.667)
R = 420/5834.5
R = .071986
R = 7.2%
I = PRT
I = 3500 x 7.2% x 1.667 yr
I = 252 x 1.667
I = 420.084
I am not a tutor
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Cassandra is repaying an installment loan of $3,500 with 20 equal monthly...
- Business Math - Cassandra is repaying an installment loan of $3,500 with 20 ...
- Business Finance - Cassandra is repaying an installment loan of $3500 with 20 ...
- Math - Please check my answer thanks :) When repaing an installment loan of $3,...
- Math - please help me thanks :) Paul needs to repay a loan(installment loan) of...
- eco - Suppose a person pays $80 of annual interest on a loan that has a 5 ...
- Math - Suppose you borrowed $25,000 for a car at an APR of 8%, which you are ...
- Math - Stillwater hospital is borrowing $1,000,000 for its medical office ...
- SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH MATH!!!!!! - A person wishes to borrow $20,000 and has the...
- business math - financing furniture that costs $4200.00 with a two year ...