Posted by Erika on Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 7:00pm.
Choose the equations which correctly describe the dissolution of a compound into water.
a) CaBr2(s)-> Ca2+(aq) + Br2(l)
b) sodium bicarbonate(s)-> Na+(aq) + HCO3–(aq)
c) CH3OH(l)-> C4+(aq) + O2–(aq) + 4 H+(aq)
d) Ba(NO3)2(s)-> Ba2+(aq) + 2 NO3–(aq)
e) H2SO4(g)-> H+(aq) + HSO4–(aq)
f) CCl4(l)-> C4+(aq) + 4 Cl–(aq)
g) CO2(g)-> CO2(aq)
h) CaI2(s)-> CaI+(aq) + I–(aq)
i) Fe3(PO4)2(s)-> 3 Fe3+(aq) + 2 PO43–(aq)
j) perchloric acid -> H+(aq) + ClO4–(aq) k) 8 H+ +MnO4– -> Mn2+(aq) + 4 H2O(l)
l) C2H5OH + 3 H2O(l) -> 2 CO2(g) + 12 H+(aq)
m) sodium dichromate(s) -> 2 Na+(aq) + Cr2O72–(aq)
n) aluminum sulfate(s) -> Al3+(aq) + SO42–(aq)
o) SF6(g) -> S6+(aq) + 6 F–(aq)
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 8:14pm
I don't like any of them. All lack water (except for l) and that one is not balanced and the products are screwed up. Perhaps the correct one is k which you omitted.
- Chemistry - someone, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:28pm
- Chemistry - caitlin, Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 6:38pm
bdegjm is right
- Chemistry - Awesome, Monday, May 7, 2012 at 2:07pm
BDEGJM is correct.
Recall that B is what we make slurries out of in lab.
D is an ionic compound of Ba2+ ions and No3 - anions...ionic compounds are always soluble in water of course
G works because CO2 is soluble in Water ... it usually converts into carbonic acid so that kinda threw me off.
M looks like another compound
Just from guessing, it looks like E and J work because they're both acids...which would make sense.
Just posted that in case anyone wanted to actually understand it too. Stuff like that could show up on a test.
- Chemistry - Menni, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 2:57am
Funny enough, people think that K was omitted XD... anywho...I'm kinda late on this, but BDEGJM is correct, but I also have this question set, I and I got this wrong for some reason. Note: the letter selections are different, but the answer selections are the same.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem - I really need these answers to balance the net ionic equation or make it ...
- chemistry - Which of the following equations does not represent an oxidation-...
- Chemistry - molecular equation for BaBr2 (aq) + PB(NO3)2 (aq) -> Ba(No3) + ...
- Chemistry - (0.75 moles Al(NO3)3/L Al(NO3)3) x 0.040 L Al(NO3)3 = ??moles Al(NO3...
- Please double check...GK or Dr.Bobb22 - Hi, i actually posted this up before.....
- chem - I just need to know the net ionic equation and balance them. I figured ...
- General Chemistry - A student dissolved 4.00 g of Co(NO3)2 in enough water to ...
- Chemistry - What is the freezing point (°C) of a solution prepared by dissolving...
- Chemistry - Solubility Rules!! Homework problem I desperately need help with ...
- Chemistry ....Please help - If 4.55 g of sodium sulphide and 15.0 g of bismuth ...