Posted by tony on Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 4:40pm.
a rectangle is 4 times as long as it is wide. a second rectangle is 5 centimeters longer and 2 centimeters wider than the first. the area of the second rectangle is 530 square centimeters greater than the first. what are the dimensions of the original rectangle?
math - Damon, Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 5:22pm
L = 4 B
L2=L + 5
B2=B + 2
(L+5)(B+2) = LB +530
L B + 5B + 2 L + 10 = L B + 530
5 B + 2 L = 520
but L = 4 B
5 B + 8 B = 520
13 B = 530
B = 40.8
L = 163
LB = 6648
(L+5)(B+2) = 7174
difference = 525.6 pretty close
since - miriam, Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 7:26pm
i hate you and your stupid website becauese i hhhhhhaaaaaatttteeemmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttthhhhhhh
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - a rectangle is 4 times as long as it is wide. a second triangle is 5 ...
- math - A rectangle is 4 times as long as it is wide. A 2nd rectangle is ...
- 7th grade mathSuppose - Suppose rectangles X and Y are similar. The dimensions ...
- math - the length of a rectangle is 23 centimeters less than five times its ...
- Math - The length of a rectangle is 5 centimeters less than three times it's ...
- geometry - A rectangle is 3.2 centimeters wide and 8 centimeterslong.A similar ...
- math - A RECTANGLE HAS A WIDTH OF X CENTIMETERS AND A PERIMETER OF 8X ...
- MATH - A RECTANGLE HAS A WIDTH OF X CENTIMETERS AND A PERIMETER OF 8X ...
- Width of a square - A rectangle has an area of 45 square centimeters and a ...
- Geometry - Complete the indirect proof. Given: Rectangle JKLM has an area of 36 ...