Posted by jub on Friday, January 14, 2011 at 11:18pm.
Review the passage below, which contains 20 errors. Identify these errors by marking each of the errors in bold, and make your correction in parentheses after the error.
Example: My cars interior is black.
This must be marked as follows: My cars (car’s) interior is black.
The 20 errors are in the following categories: comma usage (six errors); question marks, apostrophes, and quotation marks (five errors); capitalization (six errors); and colons, semi-colons, and commonly misused words (three errors).
Why are great numbers of students choosing to pursue their college degrees using their home computers. (?) Benjamin Franklin said; A (a) penny saved is a penny earned”. This principle (principal) applies to the American and foreign online student. Todays
( Today’s) students choose to take online courses to save money on transportation, books, babysitters(,) and supplies.
The fluctuating cost of gasoline in the (U) united (S) states is (are) one reason online courses appeal to axia(Axia) college students. They would rather cushion there (their) financial nest eggs than to spend money on replacing worn tires or risking icy road conditions.
Students also realize that a traditional college requires them to purchase numerous books however,(;) online courses provide the majority of their course materials within the virtual classroom. A student may save hundreds of dollars on textbooks during one block of courses.
Additionally(,) online courses are convenient for parents and caregivers. College students who are responsible for children or aging parents must rely on outside help. An online student is able to avoid the high costs(‘) of hiring people to take care of their loved ones.
Lastly, an online student does not have to purchase supplies. Pencils, pens, paper, erasers, backpacks(,) staplers, and paper clips are all needed in traditional courses. The online student needs only one tool to complete their college degree; a home computer. A computer is an online students(‘) conduit to class(es) and to all the materials he or she needs.
Franklin D. (R) roosevelt exclaimed that, “Happiness is not the mere possession of money.” He wanted Americans to understand that the joy of achievement is the path to happiness. Yet, even President Roosevelt would agree that earning an online college degree is a financially wise decision.
I think that I have done this correctly please help me I feel as I am missing something.
- english - SraJMcGin, Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 2:43am
earned". or earned." depends upon British English or American English punctuation
principle is correct
"babysitters(,) and supplies" = the comma is not required nowadays
"books however,(;) " = (books; however,)
"College students who are responsible for children or aging" = (students, who.......children, or)
"high costs(‘) of" = (costs of)
"staplers, and " = trend is (staplers and)
"their college degree; " = (his/her...degree---) at least not a semicolon
students(') = (student's)
Count to have 20. Sorry, but my eyes do not slide up/down, up/down at all well.
- english - Anonymous, Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 9:13am
3. "A penny
14. & 15. students,who are responsible for children or aging parents,
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- communication - Identify Twenty Errors in the Passage Below Review the passage ...
- com 155 - Review the passage below, which contains 20 errors. Identify these ...
- COM/155 - I believe I have found all the mistakes. What do you think? Identify ...
- COM/155 - Can you take a look and tell me what you thing? Thanks Review the ...
- English - In paragraph 2 of Swimming Strokes by Lee Carroll, I found 1 error in ...
- English - In paragraph 4 in Swimming Strokes by Lee Carroll, I found 2 errors in...
- English/Grammar - Review the following sentences. Some of them are correct, ...
- English - In paragraph 1 in Swimming strokes I found 2 errors in subject-verb ...
- comp 155 - could you see if i did these sentences right? Sentence Correction and...
- COM155 - I think I found all of the errors, what do you think? Identify those ...