Posted by Franco on Friday, January 14, 2011 at 9:04am.
I have a few more doubts on these sentences. Thank you for your help.
1)The bus, by which I usually come to school, was late this morning.
2)The briefcase, which you put on the book-shelf, is Peter's.
3)You'd better/should (put)/If I were you (in your place), I'd put a bandage on your bruise/on it/ on (Are the three alternatives correct?)
I had a headache/stomachacte/toothache/backache (Do you know others?)
4) My stomach hurts/aches, I have a pain in my stomach (belly?). My stomache is sore (???)
5)I had a rash (on my skin). The doctor prescribed antihistamine to me. (but: I was prescribed antihistamine).
5) I'm allergic to cat's hair (??). I sneeze whenever a cat come near me.
6) We stopped at a motorway restaurant for lunch (late in the evening/early in the morning).
- English - Writeacher, Friday, January 14, 2011 at 9:32am
1 - OK
2 - If there is only one briefcase and you put it on the bookshelf, then this sentence is fine. If there are several briefcases and the only one put on the bookshelf is Peter's, then remove the commas.
3 - yes, all are correct
4 - period after "aches" -- all else is fine
5 - no need for "to me" ("I was prescribed" is incorrect.)
should be "cat's fur" -- also "comes" not "come"
6 - OK
- English - Jen, Friday, January 14, 2011 at 9:44am
1 is kind of awkward. I would change come to take.
- English - Writeacher, Friday, January 14, 2011 at 9:46am
If you change "come" to "take" in #1, be sure to also delete "by."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Art - I still have a few other sentences to check. Thank you, Writeacher. 1) " I...
- English Expression - What time do you usually get up in the morning? I get up ...
- English - I still have a few doubts on the use of infinitive and gerund. I hope ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences please? Thank you. 1) Along the ...
- English - 1. I got up late and missed the bus which I had to take in the morning...
- English - I have a few more doubts. Thank you. The next morning (Can you say "on...
- English - I urgently need to prepare these sentences for tomorrow. Could you ...
- English - I visited the site you recommended to me. I just have a few mor doubts...
- English - I still have a few doubts about the use of the gerund and infinitive ...
- English - Can you please check these questions, please? Thank you very much in ...