Posted by Dee on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 10:40pm.
"Although the economic growth of the United States between 1860 and 1900 has been attributed to a governmental policy of laissez-faire, it was in fact encouraged and sustained by direct government intervention." Assess the validity of this statement.
What are somethings I can write about if I disagree with the statement?
us history - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 10:46pm
You can start by studying this article. Then do further research.
us history - Dee, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 10:54pm
It only talked about how technologies and raw materials contributed to the economical growth, but I'm having trouble with actually how to link those ideas to the actually question.
us history - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 11:00pm
Since technologies and raw materials contributed to the economic growth, doesn't that show that direct government intervention didn't play a major role?
us history - Dee, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 11:10pm
But didn't the government regulated the transcontinental railroads, which transported raw materials? and also the Federal land grants?
us history - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 11:13pm
It regulated them, but was the growth sustained by the government?
If your answer is yes, then you must agree with the statement.
us history - Dee, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 11:20pm
So all I need to state why my argument is right, and don't have to include why the counter-argument is wrong...?
I think I'm making this more difficult than it should be.
us history - Tyler, Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:20am
I know i'm a year late but you can talk about how the government subsidized loans and granted land to companies
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - "Although the economic growth of the United States between 1860 and ...
- Socials - What is the economic policy called "laissez-faire" all about? The ...
- Laissez-Faire(please no sites) - Could you please simplify these for me. I ...
- world history - What is the connection between the policy of laissez faire and ...
- US history - To what extent and for what reasons did the policies of the federal...
- Social Studies (History) - What was a result of the laissez-fair economic ...
- eth- please revise - Should United States government policy favor certain kinds...
- eth- please revise - Immigration policy in the United States deals with people ...
- GOVERNMENT - What has been the economic policy of the United States throughout ...
- history - Which of the following policies accurately describes the economic ...