Posted by siti on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 10:39pm.
Car A starts from rest at t = 0 and travels along a straight road with a constant
acceleration of 2 m/s2 until it reaches a speed of 27 m/s. Afterwards it maintains this
speed. Also, when t = 0, car B located 2000 m down the road is traveling towards A at a
constant speed of 20 m/s. Determine the distance traveled by car A when they pass each
- physics, dynamics - ayume90, Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 3:03am
for car A
initial velocity u=0m/sec
speed attained by A =27 m/sec
time taken by A to attain the speed =t
distance traveled by car A in this time =s=ut+1/2at2
in this time distance traveled by B towards A=27*20/2=270m
so distance remaining between A and B after 27/2sec=2000-[182.25+270]=1547.75m
relative speed between A and B=27-[-20]=47m/sec
as they are moving in opposite direction.
now time taken by A to cross B =1547.75/47=33sec
in this time distance traveled by A=27*33=891m
hence the distances traveled by car A when they pass each
- physics, dynamics - Anonymous, Friday, August 24, 2012 at 3:02pm
Two cars are traveling along a straight road. Car a maintains a constant speed of 89 km/hr and car b maintains a constant speed of 119 km/hr. at t=0 car b is behind 38km from car a. How far will car a travel from t =0 before it is overtaken by car b. how long from t=0 will it take for this to happen
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A police car is at rest beside a road, looking for speeders. A car ...
- physics - A speeder traveling at a constant speed of 117 km/h races past a ...
- physics - A speeder traveling at a constant speed of 125km/h races past a ...
- physics - Car a starts from rest and speeds up with constant accelleration until...
- Physics - A truck on a straight road starts from rest and accelerates at 3.0 m/...
- Physics - A truck on a straight road starts from rest, accelerating at 2.00 m/s2...
- Physics - A speeder traveling at a constant speed of 102 km/h races past a ...
- College Physics!!! - A truck on a straight road starts from rest accelerating at...
- Physics - Consider two toy cars. Car A starts from rest and speeds up with ...
- dynamics - a motorcycle traffic police starts from rest at point A two seconds ...