Posted by jake on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 10:05pm.
I got E) for the first and couldn't figure out the other one. Can any one verify the first and help with the second??
In which of the following processes is there a decrease in the potential energy of the substances involved?
A) a coil spring is compressed
B) two particles of opposite charge are separated
C) photosynthesis produces glucose from carbon dioxide and water
D) liquid water evaporates to form water vapor
E) methane gas burns in oxygen to form carbon dioxide and water
The speed of light is 3.0 x 108 m/s. How many milliseconds does it take for a light signal from earth to reach and return from a satellite that is in orbit 30 miles above the earth? (1 millisecond = 10-3 seconds)
A) 320 milliseconds
B) 16 milliseconds
C) 32 milliseconds
D) 0.32 milliseconds
E) 0.16 milliseconds
No one has answered this question yet.
chemistry - Dr Russ, Friday, January 14, 2011 at 6:54am
Convert miles to metres
1 miles = 1 609.344 metres
distance = 30 miles x 1 609.344 metres mile^-1
time taken = distance/velocity
=48280.32 m/ 3.0 x 10^8 m s^-1= 0.0001609 s or 0.16 ms
chemistry - D, Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 7:50pm
Sorry Doc but the satallite is 30 miles above the earth and the question states there and back. please check again.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - I got E) for the first and couldn't figure out the other one. Can ...
- math - A) How many of the three digit numbers can be made from all of the digits...
- general science - 2 waves are traveling through a container of nitrogen gas. ...
- Math - i need help finding the slope of the line that passes through each pair ...
- Chemistry - Name the complexes: [V(ox)(Cl)3]- [Cr(F)3(I)(H2O)2] Write the ...
- Algebra - Eliminate the complex fractions (5/8)/(-2/3) (x^-1+y^-1)/(x+y) (1/x+1/...
- Computer Science - How would I put this into one program? These are the ...
- math - Can someone help me figure this out. The difference of two numbers is 80...
- Physics - Problem 1- In one day, a 85 kg mountain climber ascends from the 1440 ...
- math(one more time for today!)Please Help Belinda! - thanks,can you help me with...