Posted by Lina on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 6:11pm.
Hi I need help with my math problem. It is:
Name the function rule from the table given.
y = -x
y = -4
y = 2x
y = x
I do not get how to solve this problem!
- 8th grade Math - Lina, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 6:12pm
Also please do NOT tell me the answer but show me how to solve it. Thanks everybody!
- 8th grade Math - helper, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 6:23pm
look at the first entry in the table
if x = - 4, y = 4
now look at each rule
1st rule says,
that y = -x ( y equals the neg of x)
2nd rule says,
y = -4 (the value for y is -4)
3rd rule says
y = 2x (y is two times the value of x)
y = x (y and x are the same)
since if x = - 4, y = 4 (1st entry)
the rule would be
y = -x
do you understand?
look at the other entries in the table and see how they all follow this rule
- 8th grade Math - Lina, Friday, January 14, 2011 at 6:17pm
- 8th grade Math - Katie, Monday, January 17, 2011 at 11:18pm
I need help finding heighth of a pyramid.
- 8th grade Math - Jordan, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 8:37pm
You divide by -1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math I need help ASAP! - 1) Identify the function rule shown in the table. ...
- Algebra - Which is NOT true about the following table. X. 1, 2, 3, 4 Y 1, 4, 9, ...
- Math ~ Check Answers ~ - Explain how to write a function rule from the table ...
- Math help please - I need to explain how to write a function rule from the table...
- Math Help Please!!! - Use the function rule to complete the table Table= x= -2...
- math help ! - 3. Which function rule would help you find the values in the table...
- Math "Need Help Asap"! - 15. Do the data in the table represent a linear ...
- 8th grade - Given the function y = 8x - 11, which set of numbers completes the ...
- algebra - The Jackson High School gymnastics team sells calendars for their ...
- Math - Use the function tables to solve the problems. Table :2 Input ( Number of...