Posted by no name on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 1:30am.
i need help really bad i have a beginning to my essay but i need a little guidance to finish it off...here's the question: [1. Write a four paragraph literary essay in response to the following question. Be sure to include a thesis statement in your introduction, provide textual evidence in the body paragraphs, and end the essay with a strong conclusion. You may use your books and other notes you have during the course for reference.
This semester you read several memoirs, including pieces by Ernesto Galarza and Russell Baker. Return to “Barrio Boy” and “No Gumption” now. How are these two memoirs similar? How are they different? In what ways are the authors’ choices and depictions related to the subject matter of their stories?] and the beginning of my answer is: Memoirs are not just regular stories or fairytales. They are flashbacks in a persons’ life that has stuck with them and are important to them. Every memoir is different and alike in more than one way. “Barrio Boy” and “No Gumption” are two of these memoirs
- English LAC - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 7:04am
DON'T start any paper's first draft by writing the introduction! How can you introduce a paper that you haven't written yet?
Follow the writing process, whether you're writing for science, history, English, or whatever:
Prewriting: Brainstorm, research, plan, outline, thesis statement
Writing: Write first draft by starting with section II of your outline; write the introduction after the body of the paper is written; write the conclusion last.
Polishing: Revise, concentrating first on the body of the paper, then the intro, then the concl (revision = making sure ideas are logical and sequential and support your thesis); proofread (spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)
Do you have a thesis yet? Have you done your brainstorming (and maybe research) yet? Have you written an outline?
Check in the Essay & Research Paper Level.
- english LAC - emileah, Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 12:00pm
do it on your own kid.
- english - Chrissy, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 6:40pm
I know it's a bit too late to help, but just for anyone else needing help, I can help. I'm working on this assignment right now and so far only have two paragraphs.
First, in similarity, they lived in close time periods (both lived in 20th century) and were very poor. They went through a lot of struggle but in the end they achieved a lot. They both share similar conflicts. These are both memoir stories written in first person and talk about being young children.
In difference, No Gumption is about a boy who delivers newspapers to help support his family and to learn how to have a job. His mother wants him to have gumption so he won't end up the way his father was. In Barrio Boy, it is about an immigrant who goes to school and learns English. I don't think the story ever talks about him getting a job.
- english LAC - Cookie2, Friday, December 20, 2013 at 3:03pm
@Chrissy, that helped me! I am doing the essay right now too... I got started but then half way through i just got stumped...
- english LAC - :-/, Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 3:33pm
Please school down for answer.
SO JUST READ IT AND WRITE!!!!! THEY AREN'T THAT LONG. YOUR CHEATING!!!! SO STOP ASKING
THANK YOU :)
- english LAC - Yo mamma, Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 2:40pm
i hate stupid people
- english LAC - lolzz, Friday, January 15, 2016 at 5:14pm
first of all some people need it and ou ae just mad ...... and you might hate stupid people but I hate ignorant people
- english LAC - rip, Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 8:32pm
why are you all illiterate
- english LAC - Anonymous, Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:04pm
To :/ That's not how you spell "allowed"
- english LAC - Anonymous, Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:05pm
p.s you're not your there is a difference
- english LAC - Anonymous, Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:06pm
- english LAC - butts, Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 5:54pm
ya'll r dumb
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- LAC Help Question - 1. Write a four paragraph literary essay in response to the ...
- 10 grade English - Write an essay comparing Baldwin's account of the Titanic ...
- English 12 - writing essay - I have to write a 5 paragraph essay on wiether or ...
- Literary Analysis and Composition I - Write a four paragraph literary essay in ...
- english - Write a four paragraph literary essay in response to the following ...
- English - I have a question regarding my intro paragraph for my essay, this is ...
- english - Hi. Can you help me with my homework? I have to write a 5 paragraph ...
- English - i have to do an essay analysis and it's asking me for the topic ...
- HISTORY - Write a short paragraph that traces the rise of Japan from an isolated...
- english - How do I write an introduction paragraph for a expository essay? I ...