Posted by Kim on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 11:49pm.
Penicillin is an important antibiotic isolated from a type of mold. If you have 0.0468 g Penicillin, C14H20N2SO4MW = 31239 gmol , answer the following questions.
A. How many moles of Penicillin do you have?
B. What is the number of moles of nitrogen that are present?
C. What is the mass percent of sulfur in the compound?
D. What would be the concentration if you dissolved all the penicillin in 600 mL water?
- Chemistry Lab - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 11:53pm
A. moles = grams/molar mass
B. There are two moles N for every 1 mole penicillin (from the formula).
C. (mass S/molar mass)*100 = (32/molar mass)*100 = ??
D. No units are specified. If you want it in molarity, then M = moles/L. You have moles (from A) and you have L (from D). Substitute and solve for M.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Jake1214 - Let's say penicillin can kill the bacteria. After using it for 10 ...
- can some one pleasee help me!!! - The molecular structures of two ‘penicillin-...
- Microbio - Can someone check my answer please? How does the antibiotic ...
- science - The molecular structures of two ‘penicillin-like’ compounds, A and B. ...
- math - a liquid form of penicillin is sold in bulk at a price of $ 200 per unit....
- Biology - The modern antibiotic revolution began with the discovery of which ...
- English - 1. Did Mr. Fleming save Sir Winston Churchill when he was in a swamp/...
- science - penicillin How do scientist contribute?
- science - How do scientist contribute penicillin?
- science - what scientist are in involved with this topic? Penicillin