Posted by bandit5571 on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 11:02pm.
solve the equation
- pre calc - bandit5571 , Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 11:05pm
without a graphing utility
- pre calc - Reiny, Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 12:08am
1+4sinx = 4(1 - sin^2 x)
4sin^2 x + 4sinx -3 = 0
(2sinx - 1)(2sinx + 3) = 0
sinx = 1/2 or sinx = -3/2
the last part is not possible since sinx is between -1 and +1
so sinx = 1/2
x must be in quadrants I or II
I know sin 30° = 1/2
so x = 30° or 150°
x = π/6 or x = 5π/6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trigonometry - Solve the equation for solutions in the interval 0<=theta<...
- trig - Write an equation for simple harmonic motion, given that the amplitude ...
- PRE CALC PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! - find the solutions of the equation that are in ...
- pre cal 2 - solve the equation 4cos^2x-1=0
- Pre-Calculus - Solve the equation 4sin x = e^x on the interval (0, 1). Correctly...
- Math: Parametric Equations - The graph of the parametric equations x=cos(t) y=...
- Math - (3-4sin^2A)(1-3tan^2A) =(3-tan^2A)(4cos^A-3)
- trig - cos@-4SIN@=1 then sin@+4cos@=
- Pre-Cal - Hi, can someone please solve this step-by-step for me? I really don't ...
- math - Prove that:(3-4sin^2A) (1-3tan^2A)=(3-tan^2A)(4cos^2A-3)