Posted by Catherine on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 4:41pm.
What is the adjective in the sentence:
It is about the same size as the United States.
Also, what are the adjectives and what do they describe in the sentences:
The flutes are a third group of instruments.
The small keys send a burst of air to large pipes in the instruments.
Most of them are wind instruments.
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 4:53pm
The adjective in the first sentence is SAME. It describes the noun, "size."
What do you think are the adjectives in the other three sentences? Remember, adjectives describe or modify nouns and pronouns. The tell which, what kind of, or how many.
We'll be glad to check your answers.
- English - Catherine , Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 5:10pm
Ok, so for the other three sentences I got:
Third group-describes flute and instruments
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 5:19pm
2. THIRD is an adjective describing the noun "group." It tells which group.
3. You have two of the correct adjectives -- SMALL and LARGE. The word "burst" is a noun.
4. In this sentence, "most" is a noun. WIND describes the noun, "instrument." It tells what kind of instrument.
Please study this site carefully.
Also -- if you're not sure, look up words in a dictionary. It will indicate the part of speech and how the word is used.
- English - Catherine , Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 5:25pm
Thanks! English is not my strong subject.
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 5:32pm
You're welcome. English is my strong subject, but I still consult a dictionary if I'm not sure about the part of speech of a word in a specific sentence. Many words can be three or more parts of speech -- depending upon how it is used.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- adjective - Which is the true statement? 1. Adjectives can answer the question: ...
- Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, and Verbs - Which statement is true about this ...
- english - 13. Which statement is true about this sentence: "Few Americans speak...
- SPANISH - HOW DO i WRITE A SENTENCE IN SPANISH ABOUT MY FAMILY Do this: Start ...
- english - I am writing a descritive essay about the Mcdonald's Big Mac. I am ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - ADJECTIVES AND ARTICES DIRECTIONS COMPLETE EACH ...
- Language Arts - On the sentence: One group of divers found the treasure of a ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:11pm. (Thank you for ...
- Grammar - I would just like to know if I have correctly written the first ...
- english - describe your experience with credit and credit cards in a brief ...