Posted by anon on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:09pm.
In a right triangle sinA= 3/5 and C=17. Find a and b.
Be sure to draw a right triangle and letter it properly.
how can i solve the math in this problem. i know i would have to use the Pythagoream Theorem but i dont know how to set the problem up first.
- trigonometry. - bobpursley, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:19pm
you are given C, so b= 3/4 * 17
then a can be found from a^2+b^2=C^2
- trigonometry. - Reiny, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:22pm
your question makes no sense
If you have a right-angled triangle where
sinA = 3/5, then the opposite side to vertex A is 3 and the hypotenuse is 5,
by Pythagoras it is easy to show that the third side is 4
(you should have recognized the 3-4-5 right-angled triangle)
if sinA = 3/5, then angle A is appro 37.9°
what does C=17 mean?
- trigonometry. - anon, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:52pm
sinA= 3/5 and C=17
Finding a and b
would this work as an answer ..?
sinA = opp/hyp = a/c = 3/5 = 3*3.4/5*3.4 = 10.2/17
a = 10.2
Applying Pythagoream Theorem a^2 + b^2 = c^2
- trigonometry. - anon, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:55pm
b= sqrt 17^2 - 10.2^2 = 13.6
Answer this Question
- Math(Geometry) - In the diagram below(no diagram but details will be provided), ...
- Pre-Calc - Consider a non-right triangle. a=39 b=25 c = 24.(a,b,c are the sides...
- math right triangle - the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 1 inch longer than ...
- Math - I need help... I dont need the answer just how I would figure this out. ...
- Math - True or false and if false write a true statement 1. A right triangle has...
- math - Suppose we draw semicircles on the sides of a triangle and compute their ...
- math - The legs of a right triangle are 3 and 4 units long. Find the lengths, to...
- Trigonometry - Triangle ABC is a right triangle with right angle at C. CD is ...
- math - The vertices of a triangle are listed below. H(-2,4), I(22,4), J(10,-1) ...
- trig help - I need help finding sinA if cosA=(-3/5) and A is greater than 90 ...