Posted by Taylor on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 9:37pm.
Sam invested $5000 in a GIC earning 8% compound interest per year. The interest gets added to the amount invested, so the next year Sam gets interest on the interest already earned as well as on the original amount. How much will Sam's investment be worth at the end of 10 years?
Please answer ASAP, thanks.
- math - helper, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:08pm
how is the interest compounded?
ie, daily, quarterly, semiannually, annually, or ?
- math - Taylor, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:15pm
I'm not sure, the question doesn't say anything about that specifically, but I'm guessing it's annually?
- math - helper, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:59pm
A(t) = P (1 + r/n)^nt
A(10) = 5000 ( 1 + .08/1)^1*10
A(10) = 5000 ( 1.08)^10
A(10) = 5000 ( 2.15892 )
A(10) = 10,794.60
5000 + 10794.60 = 15794.60
I'm not a tutor, but I've done this type
problem here before
- math - Taylor, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:29pm
- math - helper, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:41pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - sam invested $5000 in a GIC earning 8% compound interest per year, the ...
- College Algebra - A total of $14,000 is invested in 3 accounts earning 3%, 4%, ...
- computer science - When $1000 is deposit at 5% simple interest, the amount grows...
- Math - An investment adviser invested $14,000 in two accounts. One investment ...
- Math(word problems) - 4.Tracie invested $x at 7% and $y at 6%. Write algebraic ...
- BEHRIA - A SUM OF $8000 IS INVESTED IN A SAVING ACCOUNT WHICH PAY THE INTEREST ...
- -Math-Desperate - An investment adviser invested $14,000 in two accounts. One ...
- algebra - mary had 25000 dollars to invest. she invested part of that amount at ...
- Math(simple interest) - Mr.X invested a total of Rs.10,000 in three different ...
- Algebra( check my answers) - 1. Juan deposited $200 in a savings account earning...