Posted by zeus on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 5:50am.
3 geometric means between 32 and 1/8
- math - drwls, Monday, January 10, 2011 at 7:41am
There is only one geometric mean between two numbers. In this case it is sqrt[(32*(1/8)] = 2.
If you want three intermediate numbers in a geometric series between 1/8 and 32, the series would be
1/8, 1/2, 2, 8, 32.
Each number is four times the previous number in the series.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calc. - Write the geometric sequence that has four geometric means between 1...
- Math - find the three geometric means between -2/3 and -54
- math - how to find the four geometric means between 5 and 1215
- Math (Geometric Progression) - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic ...
- Math - Find the three geometric means between -2 and -32. Show the work that ...
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - Find the sixth term in the geometric sequence: ...
- Math - 5 distinct positive reals form an arithmetic progression. The 1st, 2nd ...
- maths - Insert three geometric means between 1 and 81.
- arithmetic - 1. The first and last term of an A.P are, a and l respectively, ...
- algebra 2 - Find two geometric means between 7 and 875