Posted by lisa on Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 10:27pm.
which substance takes the shape of and fills the volume of any container into which it is placed ?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 11:12pm
Can't you reason through this?
Will water (liquid) take the shape of the container. Will it fill the volume?
Will CO2 gas take the shape of the container? Will it fill the volume.
Will I2 (a solid) take the shape of a container? Will it fill the volume?
Think about it. If you add a cup of water to a large drinking glass, does it take the shape of the glass? Will it fill the glass to the top?
Now take a jar with a cap. Screw the cap on. There is air trapped inside. Does the air take the shape of the container? Does it fill the jar to the top?
Now place a fork (a solid) on a dinner plate. Does the fork take the shape of the dinner plate? Does it take up all the room on the dinner plate?
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 3:03pm
- Chemistry - 1, Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 8:51am
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 7:42pm
- Chemistry - Bob, Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 3:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A substance placed in a container has a fixed volume and takes up ...
- Math - Emily fills a container with 6cubes. Each cube has an edge length of 3cm...
- Chemistry`` - I answered this question but I did not get the right answer. CO2...
- Chemistry. can jus anyone giv me ther opinion. - Eva has two containers labeled ...
- chemistry - CO2(g) + H2(g) equilibrium reaction arrow CO(g) + H2O(g) Calculate ...
- Math - A container in the shape of a rectangle solid with the dimensions of 4 X ...
- Science - An unknown substance has a volume of 25 mL. It is placed into a ...
- science - A substance that loses its shape under certain conditions is called ...
- chemistry - When 1.70 mol CO2 and 1.70 mol H2 are placed in a 0.850 L container ...
- chem - Hydrogen and carbon dioxide react at a high temperature to give water and...