Posted by AbbyLovesMath on Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 7:04pm.
A mail-order company charges $12 for each shirt. Shipping costs $f per oder.
Write a variable expression for the cost of odering x number of shirts
Math - Marth, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 7:08pm
Suppose you buy x shirts to be shipped as one order. What is the cost of the shirts? What is the cost of shipping?
Math - bobpursley, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 7:08pm
I think you need to know how many shirts were ordered per order. If ten shirts were ordered on ONE order, the cost is 10x+4
If ten shirts were ordered on ten orders, then cost is
So I am not certain there is a definite answer here.
Math - AbbyLovesMath, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 7:10pm
sorry I wrote the questionwrong!!!
A mail order company charges $12 for each shirt. Shipping costs $5 per order.
Write a variable expression for the cost of ordering x numbers of shirts.
Math - bobpursley, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 7:15pm
That is to order x shirts one one order.
Math - kennedy, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 7:47pm
i had the same question on my pre-al test i couldn't figure it on when i was correcting it so i googled it and here it is! thanks guys!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 11th grade Algebra 2 - Some students want to order shirts with their school logo...
- Math Word Problems - Citydog Screen Printers received two orders for a t-shirt ...
- math HELP! - Kara's custom tees experienced fixed costs of $300 and variable ...
- math - The Math-Is-Fun T-shirt Company manufactures and sells screen-printed t-...
- supply chain - Suppose that a manufacturer of men's shirts can produce a dress ...
- Algebra - A company charges $6 to make an pattern for an order of T-shirts and $...
- math - one company charges $6.95 per shirt plus a setup fee of $43. Another ...
- algebra - karas custom tees experienced fixed costs of $200 and variable costs ...
- math - When the Senior class decided to order T-shirts, they were quoted a price...
- Math - A company charges $6 to make a pattern for an order of T-Shirts and $11 ...