Posted by AD on Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 5:51pm.
The sum of three consecutive even numbers is 36. If x represents the first of the three consecutive even numbers, which equation can be used to find x?
- Math - bobpursley, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 6:00pm
what do you think?
- Math - bobpursley, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 6:13pm
IT was intended to get you to do some thinking. Clearly, I am not the first to fail to do that.
- Math - helper, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 6:20pm
1st even number- x = 2
2nd even number- 2 + 2 = 4
3rd even number- 2 + 4 = 6
does this help?
I gave you the answer if you think about it
- Math - K, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 8:47pm
Can u (C) it?
Start w/ (x) next is (x +2) next is (x + 4)
- Math - AD, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 10:27pm
Thank you K I finally get it.
- Math - ALLAH UDDIN, Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 3:47am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - The sum of three whole numbers is 193. The smaller two are consecutive ...
- math - Three consecutive even numbers have a sum between 84 and 96. a. Write an ...
- Math - The sum of the squares of three consecutive whole numbers is 77. Form a ...
- lgebra - The sum of three consecutive natural numbers is 963, find the numbers...
- Algebra 2 - write an equation to solve the problem. find three consecutive even ...
- Mathematics - What are consecutive numbers? -The sum of TWO consecutive whole ...
- Math - 5 times the least of three consecutive odd numbers is 35 more than twice ...
- maths - can you replace the stars with figures **** x 3 ______ ***** the whole ...
- Algebra - 5 times the least of three consecutive odd numbers is 35 more than ...
- Math - The sum of three consecutive numbers is 66.Form an equation to represent ...