Posted by Alex on Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:23pm.
What type of math is this?
25% of what is 30?
solve for a: ab=b=3a-d
math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:29pm
Your first problem is a percentage problem. 25% = 0.25
0.25 * 30 = 7.5
math - ron jon, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:30pm
your doing "is over of equals percnt over 100. so you set it up
cross multiply and solve for x
dicide by 25 for your answer.
this is stuff you learn in algebra. i am confused with the second equation though
math - Alex, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:32pm
But the answer is 120. I have the answers to those questions. I just need to know topics they are included in so I can study.
math - Alex, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:33pm
math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:46pm
Oops, Alex, I misread your problem. I'm sorry.
25% of what is 30
0.25x = 30
x = 30/0.25
x = 120
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How do you set this problem up to solve and how do you solve this? Ellen ...
- Math - Solve by the elimination method. 4x +5y=1 8x +10y=2 What is the solution ...
- math - Solve the system of equations by graphing. Then Classify the system? 4u+v...
- math - Solve the system of equations by graphing. Then classify the system? y= -...
- math - Solve the system by graphing. Then classify the system.? 6x-y=50 6x+7y=-...
- algebra - solve by the elimination method 3r - 7s =-29 7r + 3s = 29 What is the ...
- Math Help PLEASE - Solve the system of equations by graphing then classify the ...
- Algebra - Solve the inequality and express the solution in terms of intervals ...
- Math - I need help on how to solve this type of problem please. 29.)Solve the ...
- math(am i right) - determine whether (-5,1) is a solution of 9x-9y= -3 I said no...