Posted by peter on Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 4:44am.
The rectangle ABCD is rotated about the side AB. Find the volume of the solid defined by this rotation.
AB = DC = 4cm
AD = CB = 2cm
geometry - peter, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 5:01am
The real problem is that I do not comprehend the question.
The part I'm really stumbling over is the "rotated about the side AB". I have no idea what that means..
I have another question that is quite similar...so if anyone can explain, it would be greatly appreciated.
geometry - drwls, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 6:20am
What you get when you perform the indicated rotation of the rectangle about side AB is a cylinder with radius = 2 cm and length h = 4 cm. The line AB is the axis of the cylinder.
The volume is
V = pi*r^2*h = 16*pi cm^3
Do the calculation.
geometry - peter, Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 11:21am
I've got it!
Thank you very much for your help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- GEOMETRY - A 4x7 rectangle can be rotated about the long side to generate a ...
- Math - Show the steps to determining the volume of questions 1-3 1. A cylinder ...
- math - Let S be a region bounded by the curve y=x+cosx and the line y=x as shown...
- math - a 4 x 7 rectangle can be rotated about the long side to generate a ...
- college geometry - A rectangle ABCD has three of its vertices at A(2, 1), B(6, 1...
- Calculus - *Note I reposted this question as I changed the subject** The Region...
- First Moment - The Region "R" under the graph of y = x^3 from x=0 to x=2 is ...
- math - find the area of rectangle with base of 2cm and height of 4cm
- calc volume - find the volume of a solid formed when the region bounded by y = e...
- math - the length of a rectangle is 5cm ...the area of a rectangle is the same ...