Posted by Franco on Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 7:27am.
I forgot to include these two last sentences. i hope you can have a look at them, too. Thank you.
1) In 1989 film director Stanley Kubrik offered him the part of Bill Harford in the film Eyes wide shut. What/which part did Kubrik offer him in the movie Eyes Wide Shut? Which/what part did he play?
Are "what" and "which" both possible?
2) In my town there is a market in the main street on Saturday morning. Though there is very little room (space?)left, I like waliking through the stalls full of any kind of things from clothes to bijouterie, umbrellas and bedclothes (sheets and blankets).
There is also a cattle and a food market.
3) They are held in other square, at a little distance from the main street.
- English - Writeacher, Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 9:23am
2. "on main street" (not "in the main street")
"all kinds of things" (not "any kind...")
"umbrellas and bed linens"
3. "in other squares"
- English - SraJMcGin, Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 9:24am
1. Which implies at least 2 choices.
2. on the main treet.....waliking = walking
3. in another square OR in the other square (if there are only 2)
- English - PsyDAG, Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 9:34am
1. "Which" is more appropriate when two or more alternatives are mentioned. Italicize or underline film titles. Also review your use of commas.
2. Either is fine.
3. Last sentence in 2 would be better with new paragraph, so the referent for "they" would be clearer. New paragraphs are used to indicate changes in topic, ideas, places, times or persons.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you very much. Here are some more sentences I'm not sure of. 1)I...
- English - I forgot to include these very last sentences. Thank you very much! 1...
- English - Can you please check if my sentences are OK? Thank you very much 1)I ...
- English - I still have a few doubts on the use of the word "narrator". Shall I ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. I hope youcan have a look...
- english - I forgot to include the following statements. I really hope you can ...
- English - I forgot to include these last two sentences. I hope you can look at ...
- English - I just wanted to know if the following alternatives are possible. ...
- English - I forgot to write a few other sentences. I hope you can have a look at...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences which are part of the same...