I forgot to include these very last sentences. Thank you very much!
1) From 1982 to 2005 (two thousand and five/twenty oh five) he worked hard and appeared in 29 films. How long did he work hard? From when to when did he work hard? How many films did he appear in?
2)In 1993 he worked in TV. When did he work in TV?
3)In 1989 film director Stanley Kubrik offered him the part of Bill Harford in the film Eyes wide shut. What/which part did Kubrik offer him in the movie Eyes Wide Shut? Which part did he play?
4)At the moment he’s living in Los Angeles with his third wife Katie Holmes and his three sons. Where is he living at the moment? Who is he living with?
5)His nickname in the film Top Gun is Maverick. What is his nickname in the film Top Gun?
6)I like colorful clothes and I can’t stand the people who only dress (??) (wear) black clothes (but: who dress in black/people wearing black?).I’m wearing blue (a pair of ?) tracksuit bottoms, a grey sweatshirt and under it (?) a pink t-shirt like my shoes (better: of the same color as my shoes?).
7) I’m also wearing an original earring with the peace sign.
8) I’m wearing a t-shirt with the paint (picture?) of “Lupen” (better: with Lupen written on it) under a blue tracksuit top and a pair of jeans with pockets on each side.
9) I’m also wearing a fashionable two-color wool (woolen) scarf and some wrist bands. I avoid buying designer clothes but I like wearing fashionable clothes.
English - drwls, Friday, January 7, 2011 at 7:25pm
I do not understand what you want us to do with your sentences. (1) through (5) end with questions about Tom Cruise that are already answered.
You do have a few things in parentheses where I assume you want us to correct or choose the right words. With respect to that:
(1) Just write it as 2005. It is usually spoken as twenty oh five.
(a pair of) is not necessary
(better: of the same color)
(8) (picture) (with Lupen written on it)
(9) (either wool or woolen)
English - SraJMcGin, Friday, January 7, 2011 at 7:25pm
4. With whom is he living?
8. with the painting