Posted by Tiffany Jade on Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:09pm.
Write the first letter of the type of figurative language used in each sentence,
S=Simily M=Metaphor H=Hyperbole P=Personification
1. The wind whistled through the
2. I am so hungry I could eat a
3. She was as quiet as a mouse. S
4. I have told you a million times. H
5. His face was an open book. M
6. He is as strong as an ox. S
7. The stars looked down from the
8. Her smile is a ray of bright sunshine. M
9. His bedroom is a pig's sty. H
10. She was pretty as a picture in her new dress. S
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:12pm
Excellent! All are correct!
Please note that it's simile, not simily.
- Grammar - Tiffany Jade, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:13pm
sorry thanks for the help
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:13pm
- Grammar - melissa, Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 5:39pm
omg thank u soooooooooooo much
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade Language Arts - I have a couple of phrases/sentences that need to be ...
- Figurative Language - LAST ONE LOL - Question : Her smile was as sweet as ...
- English - Which type of figurative language is used in the following line from ...
- Grammer - “Her coffee-and-cream neck” is an example of what type of figurative ...
- english - MUSICIANS wrestle everywhere: All day, among the crowded air, I hear ...
- English - The sentence "Like a boil that can never be cured as long as it is ...
- Lang. Arts - The line “Where water is not thirsty” is an example of which type ...
- Lang. Arts - “[H]er coffee-and-cream neck” is an example of what type of ...
- Figurative Language - Q- The train screamed down the tracks - Clue: Simile, ...
- Figurative Language - Question : Fruit is fuel for a healthy body. Answer : ...