Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 6:26pm.
This is the answer I got for #26 (The last question I posted):
The Counter-Reformation was an effort by the Catholic Church to lure people back and to regain its former power. Art played a major role in this movement to encourage people to return to the Church. A style emerged that had dramatic flair and dynamic movement. It was Baroque art, a style characterized by movement, vivid contrast, and emotional intensity. So basically the Counter-Reformation brought the Baroque style.
Now I need help with this one--
27. Name the first established female artist and tell at what point she became recognized.
- Do. Not. Plagiarize. - Writeacher, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 6:30pm
Do. Not. Plagiarize.
If you are not clear on what plagiarism is and how NOT to plagiarize from a source, read through this entire webpage from Capital Community College in Connecticut:
(Broken Link Removed)
All of it. Including the examples.
- Fine Arts - mysterychicken, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 6:38pm
My teacher said we're allowed to take information from the book, as long as we cite in the end, which I did. I just didn't post it on here.
- Fine Arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 6:49pm
That may be o.k. with your teacher, but it's a terrible educational practice. Copying information from a source is acceptable for someone who is just learning English. It's not acceptable for anyone else.
M.C., you have the ability to take the information from both sites I posted and write it in your own words. Please do not shortchange yourself and your education!
- Fine Arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:00pm
I hesitate to answer your question about the first recognized female artist for fear you'll just copy and paste.
- Fine Arts - mysterychicken, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:01pm
Can I just know who she was then? I don't need any links..
- Fine Arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:08pm
Your question is much too broad. What kind of artist? Recognized by whom? I found a reference to a Helena of Egypt in ancient times, but found no more information.
There are also references to various female painters in other times in history.
- Fine Arts - SraJMcGin, Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 7:33pm
Try some of the links in the search for the first recognized female artist:
Answer this Question
- fine arts - this is what i have so far for my question about the relationship ...
- SOCIAL STUDIES - for the question: how did the catholic church respond to the ...
- History - The Protestant Reformation challenged the Catholic Church's authority ...
- art - One of the primary consequences of the Council of Trent in art and ...
- Geography - I have to write an essay on this topic: In an essay, discuss the ...
- fine arts - Explain the relationship between the Baroque style and the Counter-...
- world history - Why did the Reformation begin? The Reformation was the result of...
- Fine Arts - Need help with this-- 26. Explain the relationship between the ...
- SOCIAL STUDIES - The circumstances which led to the Reformation were because of ...
- SOCIALS - The role of the Inquistion in the counter of reformation was to stop ...