Posted by JulieAnne on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:11pm.
Posted by JulieAnne on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:15pm.
Please check my two answers
I was sitting in a park on a bench next to another person and I moved tow times the original distance between the two of us, the force of gravity between me and the other person would be:
1. one-quarter as much
2. one-half as much
3. twice as much
4. 4 times as much
I think it would be one-half as much because the force of gravity diminishes the farther you get away from object, correct or no?
2. If Earth's mass was increased by 4 times the amount, remain the same distance from the sun, would the speed of the Earth:
stay the same
increase by factor of 4
decrease by factor of 2
increase by factor of 2
I think it would stay the same, correct?
- Physics-Please check - Marth, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:15pm
1) Yes, the gravitational force diminishes the farther you get, but by what factor? Check the equation.
2) The speed of the earth keeps it in orbit around the sun. Changing the mass changes the gravitational force, which is also the centripetal force for the orbit.
- Physics-Please check - Damon, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:17pm
1 no, goes as 1/d^2 = 1/4
2. correct, Mearth cancels
G Me Ms/r^2 = Me v^2/r
- Physics-Please check - JulieAnne, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:32pm
Thank you for the explanation, Damon
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - I was sitting in a park on a bench next to another person and I moved...
- Physics-Please check answer - Damon helped me with this calc but I think the ...
- Physics-Please check calculations - I posted this earler and you gave me help, ...
- Physics-Please check calc - I did this problem last night with Damon's help and...
- English - Writeacher, could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) ...
- Algebra-please check - Could someone please check my solution-Thank you-DRWLS ...
- TO MS SUE - Please check my answers to my question, I posted this question ...
- Spanish 1-Please check and help - I have to say today is January 12,2011. It is...
- Physics-Please check-I've attempted it - Posted by Matt W on Tuesday, January 4...
- Algebra-Please check-I'm desperate - Posted by JoniAnne on Wednesday, October 20...