Posted by Lala on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:33pm.
I'm writing a Precis of a book and it asks to to put the literary period and country I tried to look but I still don't really understand.
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:44pm
This site explains literary periods.
The country could be either the author's or the location of the book.
English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:45pm
As for how to write a précis of a book, please look at some of the following links:
In order to find the literary period and country we would need the complete title of the book, the name of the author and the copyright date.
English - Lala, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:51pm
The book is Bloom by Elizabeth Scott and the copyright date is May 2007
English - Lala, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:52pm
so it would be Magic realism, USA?
English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:00pm
I don't see any magic in this summary. Could the literary period be modern or contemporary?
English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:46pm
This is a Young Adult Romance from the USA.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English- schools of literary criticism - Hi there, I've really been trying to ...
- english - I don't understand the book I'm reading. Its called Goodnight Mr Tom. ...
- English- literary? - Ok I had 2 eng. questions, what makes a piece of writing ...
- english - what does it mean when it says 'write a precis of the poem.' what is a...
- English - I have to write a concise precis of a short story that I read, ...
- L A/The Giver - Which of the following elements of the book likely led to it's ...
- English-Essay - I'm writing an essay with quotes. Do I end the quote with a ...
- english - i am writing a literary research paper on the book robinson crusoe. my...
- MATH - I get really confused with math . I am great with all of the other ...
- english - Which of the following statements about literary movements is NOT true...