Posted by lily on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 4:28pm.
in algebra if you have a problem like
-2+2 will the answer be negative or positive? can you please explain why
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 4:32pm
If you have 2 dollars and give away 2 dollars, you have 0.
However, if you have 2 dollars and owe your mom 3 dollars, you have - 1.
math - lily, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 4:33pm
i don't understand
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 4:39pm
You have 2 dollars >> + 2
You give away your 2 dollars >> - 2
You have no money left >> 0
However, if you have 2 dollars and owe your mom 3 dollars, you'll still owe her 1 dollar >> 2 - 3 = -1
math - Jason, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 4:51pm
Your answer will be zero. When you have a negative number like that in the beginning, you can make the problem much simpler by changing it. To change the problem, circle each number with the sign directly in front of it. So in this problem, circle the "-2" and the "+2". Now, rearrange these two numbers with their signs so you have "+2" "-2" Take away the circles, and your new problem is +2-2. Since positive 2 is just 2 your problem ends up as 2-2 which = 0
math - lily, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 5:25pm
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 6:03pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Could someone please explain to me how you get answers when you add a ...
- algebra - Could someone please help me with this? (1) If x is a nonzero real ...
- college algebra - if you have a problem where you are multiplying numbers with ...
- 7th grade math - 5. Taylor completed the problem below. Describe and correct the...
- algebra - ) If x is a nonzero real number, is x–2 always positive, always ...
- Algebra 1 - Write a rule for a nonlinear function such that y is negative when x...
- Algebra II - PLEASE HELPPPPPP What are the possible numbers of positive, ...
- Math - We are adding positive and negative numbers. The question is State ...
- math help - Thank you for helping me with the last problem Reiny and Bosnian. ...
- dividing monomials - i don't know what to do when their is a smaller number on ...