Posted by Brad on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 7:16am.
Underline the correct pronoun in parentheses.
1. Many so-called Founding Fathers are famous one or two of (his, his or her, their) accomplishments, but anyone who knows (his, his or her, their) history knows that Franklin is known for many things, including (his, her, his or her, their) inventions.
their, his or her, his
2. The armonica is not one of his well known inventions, but (its, their) design is ingenious.
3. Also called the glass harmonica, the armonica required a person to place (himself, herself, himself or herself) in front of the instrument and to rotate (its, their) glass bowls.
himself or herself, their
4. The lighting rod and the Franklin stove established his reputation as an inventor, but (it, they) remained in public domain because Franklin refused to secure patents for his inventions.
5. An inventor like Franklin does not limit (his, her, his or her, their) imagination to one field of science.
6. (He, She, He or She, They) can instead pursue many questions and the challenges (they, it) pose.
7. All scientist who study electricity should know that Ben Franklin provided the names (he, she, he or she, they) still use today for positive and negative electrons.
8. Franklin also named the Gulf Stream and mapped (their, its) current.
9. Franklin formed the first public lending library in America, which allowed people to burrow (its, their) books and read them at (his, her, his or her, their) leisure.
10. His public service record also includes the reform of the postal system and the establishment of The Academy and College of Philadelphia, which later merged (their, its) students with those of the State of Pennsylvania to become the University of Pennsylvania.
Answer this Question
3 grade english - directions- write each sentence. replace the underline word or...
English 1 - 1. Many so-called Founding Fathers are famous one or two of (his, ...
English - Please check my answers. 1) Choose the correct form of the pronoun in ...
3 grade english ms sue - subject and object pronouns DIRECTION - write SP if the...
Civics - What motivated the Founding Fathers to include the phrase "We the ...
grammar - you have to underline the incorrect pronoun in each sentence.Then ...
Language - For each sentence, underline the action verb in the parentheses that ...
Quick English check - The sentences below have transitive verbs so each verb has...
7th grade English - Use the correct pronoun in parentheses. The book ( it, ...
12th Grade Government - Why was it important to the Founding Fathers to justify ...