Posted by Nadya Crouch on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 10:47am.
Can anyone please assist me, I need the anwser to this question--
Mrs. Hall was admitted to the hospital for the first time this year on September 15. On September 25, she was transferred to a skilled nursing facility where she stayed until
October 30. She was discharged from the SNF with home health care and a walker.
HOSPITAL AND SNF INSURANCE STAY DATA
Insurance Medicare Part A
Total days inpatient stay 10
DRG reimbursement for inpatient stay $13,648
Total hospital charges for inpatient stay $16,000
Total days of SNF stay 35
Total reimbursement charges for the SNF stay $23,000
Home health care approved amount $7,000
KEY: DRG = diagnosis-related group—a system of classifying patient diagnose
1. What reimbursement amount will the hospital receive from Medicare?
A. $12,856 C. $16,000
B. $13,648 D. $23,000
2. What’s the total amount the patient owes for home health care?
A. $0 C. $2,500
B. $500 D. $7,000
3. What’s the total amount that Medicare will pay for the home health care, excluding DME
A. $2,000 C. $7,000
B. $2,500 D. $9,000
What formula do i follow for this question. I can't find any form on Penn Foster Text book p.249
Thanks alot for any feedback.
- reimbursement methodologies - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 11:00am
You might try some of the following links for Medicare payments:
- reimbursement methodologies - Shannon, Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 5:55pm
Nadya which book from Penn Foster are you looking at? I think I can help you with thes problems.
- reimbursement methodologies - melody, Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 3:28pm
shannon. can you pls help me with my project. my e-mail is zahidem17.yaho
please return back to me
- reimbursement methodologies - Nadya Crouch, Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 4:02pm
@Sra, I didn't see any form that I looking for on that link.
@Shannon, is a Health Info.Management Tech. 2nd edition. Thank u.
- reimbursement methodologies - Shannon, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 5:20pm
Nadya what is the exam number you are doing? what course are you taking?
Melody yes I will email you....
- reimbursement methodologies - Katy, Monday, July 18, 2011 at 2:21pm
Really needs ALOT of help with this final exam!!! Someone please HELP! my e-mail is nc_chick53If someone could PLEASE help me
- reimbursement methodologies - Katy, Monday, July 18, 2011 at 2:23pm
Answer this Question
Reimbursement methodologies - You work in the hospitals health care management ...
Reimbursement Methodologies - Your reviewing reimbursement for a medical ...
Reimbursement Methodologies - You work in the hospital information Management, ...
reimbursement methodologies - you're reviewing reimbursement for a Medicare ...
Reimbursement Methodologies Final Exam - Can anyone please help me with Part A ...
Reimbursement Methodologies - Who is responisable for adjusting the Medicare DRG...
reimbursement methodologies - I am looking for a website that may help me with ...
reimbursement methodologies - you're reviewing reimbursement for medicare ...
Reimbursement methodologies - You're reviewing reimbursement for a medicare ...
reimbursement methodologies - you're the director of a hospital health ...